Please note this is a trainee role and the successful applicant will go through an extensive training period, as such a high level of commitment is required. Following a successful training period you will become an Operations Coordinator at Teenage Helpline and be responsible for building and leading a team of your own.
Teenage Helpline Operations Co-ordinator Trainee –
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our charity and contribute to our aim of supporting youth to fulfill their best potential. As an Operations Co-ordinator Trainee, you will learn on the job of what it takes to manage a group of team leaders and the various activities around this. Once you are fully trained and ready, you will progress onto becoming an Operations Co-ordinator and start to build a team of your own. You will play an important role in resolving any issues reported by the team leaders. We are looking for a teachable and collaborative individual who is organised and can see the bigger picture of the impact they will have on our charity. The role is voluntary therefore, experience is not necessary and is suitable for students or recent graduates looking to develop their skills whilst working from home.
About Teenage Helpline –
Teenage Helpline is an online mentoring service run by young people to be used by young people. The aims of Teenage Helpline are to provide the first stepping-stone for young people who may need to get professional support, but do not feel comfortable seeking this support for themselves. Not only this, but we also provide mentoring for young people who do not need professional support, but who need a little extra attention and support to help them cope with other personal issues.
Once fully trained your main responsibilities will be –
- Report directly to the operations manager.
- Supervise up to 6 team leaders.
- Support team leaders in supervising up to 5 mentors each.
- Resolve any issues reported by the team leaders.
- Any other ad hoc work/activities as set.
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Ability to think strategically and convey this using good written and verbal communication.
- Organisational skills and ability to deliver set tasks on time.
- Have the ability and confidence to supervise a group of individuals.
- Ability to ask questions and willing to proactively learn.
- Good skills in IT and proficient use of Microsoft applications.
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible nature
- Motivated to consistently improve internal processes.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone for someone who is looking to gain leadership experience within an operations role.